November 29, 2007 / 9:30 AM / 11 years ago

Bouygues Telecom says has over 9 million clients

PARIS, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Bouygues Telecom, one of the challengers to the dominant French mobile operator, France Telecom’s FTE.PA Orange, said on Thursday it now had more than 9 million clients.

Bouygues Telecom was created in 1994 and it also aims to offer fixed-line services in 2008. It says it has 93 percent coverage of the French population for its Edge high-capacity mobile service.

French construction to media group Bouygues (BOUY.PA) holds 89.5 percent of the firm, and outdoor advertising group JCDecaux (JCDX.PA) owns the remaining 10.5 percent. (Reporting by Marcel Michelson, editing by Will Waterman)

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below