Oct 14 (Reuters) - Ashmore Group PLC:
* GROUP PLC - TRADING STATEMENT
* TOTAL AUM $ 85.5 BILLION AS AT SEPT END
* SAYS ASSETS UNDER MANAGEMENT INCREASED BY US$1.9 BILLION OVER PERIOD
* SAYS POSITIVE INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE OF US$2.7 BILLION AND NET OUTFLOWS OF US$0.8 BILLION
* POSITIVE TRENDS EVIDENT IN QUARTER TO JUNE WERE SUSTAINED IN THIS PERIOD
* ASHMORE’S ACTIVE INVESTMENT PROCESSES GENERATED STRONG OUTPERFORMANCE
* SAYS REFLECTS DIVERSIFIED GROSS SALES AND A FURTHER DECLINE IN REDEMPTIONS
* SAYS OVERLAY / LIQUIDITY AND EQUITIES THEMES DELIVERED NET INFLOWS; NET OUTFLOWS WERE PRIMARILY IN BLENDED DEBT THEME AND TO A LESSER EXTENT EXTERNAL DEBT, LOCAL CURRENCY AND CORPORATE DEBT THEMES
* ATTRACTIVE VALUATIONS ACROSS EQUITIES AND FIXED INCOME IN EMERGING MARKETS UNDERPIN RETURNS
* SAYS DELIVERED BROAD-BASED POSITIVE INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE OVER THREE MONTHS IN FIXED INCOME AND EQUITIES THEMES Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Simon Jessop)
Reuters Breakingviews is the world's leading source of agenda-setting financial insight. As the Reuters brand for financial commentary, we dissect the big business and economic stories as they break around the world every day. A global team of about 30 correspondents in New York, London, Hong Kong and other major cities provides expert analysis in real time.
Sign up for a free trial of our full service at https://www.breakingviews.com/trial and follow us on Twitter @Breakingviews and at www.breakingviews.com. All opinions expressed are those of the authors.