April 21 (Reuters) - Aviva Plc:
* Aviva acquires entire shareholding in vietnam JV
* Acquisition of Vietinbank’s entire 50 pct shareholding in its life insurance joint venture Vietinbank Aviva Life Insurance Limited
* And signing of a new distribution agreement with Vietinbank to sell life and health insurance products through Vietinbank’s network of over 1,100 branches
* Transaction is subject to customary closing conditions including regulatory approvals.
* As a result of transaction, Aviva Vietnam is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Aviva
* Insurance industry is expected to benefit from country’s projected gdp growth of more than 6 pct annually over next three years. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)