Nov 16 (Reuters) - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services:
* Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services says proposes policies to lower the cost of prescription drugs and combat the opioid crisis
* CMS-Issued proposed rule including changes that, if finalized, will ensure that Part D Medicare enrollees have access to more affordable prescription drugs
* CMS says is also proposing to lower drug costs by treating lower-cost “biosimilar” versions of biologic products like other generic drugs
* CMS-Proposing to lower drug costs by giving flexibility for certain mid-year changes to prescription drug formularies when a new generic drug becomes available
* CMS-Proposes implementing new authority allowing Part D plans to require certain beneficiaries to obtain their opioids prescriptions from selected pharmacies
* CMS-Proposed rule has request for information on discounts drug cos provide to health plans to the price beneficiaries pay at the pharmacy counter Source text: (go.cms.gov/2A5QQwf)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.