Aug 15 (Reuters) - Crocs Inc:
* Crocs to appeal recent patent office ruling; anticipates no meaningful impact on business
* USPTO’s decision has no immediate or long-term material negative impact on crocs’ business
* In its ruling, USPTO found patent issued to crocs in 2006, which covers design of its classic clog, to be invalid for technical reasons related to crocs own early sales
* Patent at issue remains valid and enforceable during appeals process
* Crocs’ business has not been adversely impacted over last five years, since USPTO first reexamined validity issues with regards to patent
* Says will dispute USPTO’s analysis in its appeal. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.