Dec 20 (Reuters) - Midatech Pharma PLC:
* COMPANY IN ADVANCED DISCUSSIONS WITH A NEW STRATEGIC INVESTOR REGARDING A POTENTIAL SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT IN COMPANY AND LICENCE TO DEVELOP GROUP’S PRODUCTS IN ASIA
* COMPANY AWAITING FEEDBACK FROM FDA ON REGULATORY PATH FOR COMPANY’S LEAD PRODUCT, MTD201, FOLLOWING POSITIVE FIRST-IN-HUMAN PHASE I PROOF OF CONCEPT EXPLORATORY STUDY DATA RECEIVED IN Q3 2018
* SCHEDULED PHASE I DOSE ESCALATION COMPONENT OF MTX110 CLINICAL TRIAL IN CHILDREN WITH DIPG COMPLETED. FDA APPROVAL RECEIVED TO ADMINISTER HIGHER DOSES DUE TO GOOD TOLERABILITY
* CONTINUED RESTRUCTURING OF THE GROUP’S OPERATION TO FOCUS ON CLINICAL PROGRAMS, AND FURTHER STREAMLINE FUTURE COSTS
* POTENTIAL FOR NON-DILUTIVE FUNDING (IN THE FORM OF LOANS AND GRANTS) TO SUPPORT A SIGNIFICANT PROPORTION OF EXPECTED SCALE-UP COSTS FOR THE MANUFACTURE OF MTD201
* TRANSITION TO R&D FOCUSED STRATEGY COMPLETE, AND RECENT FAVOURABLE DATA GENERATED ON LEAD PROGRAM Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Pamela Barbaglia)
Reuters Breakingviews is the world's leading source of agenda-setting financial insight. As the Reuters brand for financial commentary, we dissect the big business and economic stories as they break around the world every day. A global team of about 30 correspondents in New York, London, Hong Kong and other major cities provides expert analysis in real time.
Sign up for a free trial of our full service at https://www.breakingviews.com/trial and follow us on Twitter @Breakingviews and at www.breakingviews.com. All opinions expressed are those of the authors.