May 18 (Reuters) - Moody’s:
* Moody’s says Medicaid pressures state budgets with or without federal policy changes
* Says Arizona, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, West Virginia especially exposed to potential funding shifts on Medicaid
* Says changes in federal Medicaid funding policy could cause additional expenditure growth, a significant funding burden for all U.S. states
* Says federal government may expand state flexibility to control Medicaid expenditures, a credit positive if not offset by other federal cost shifts
* Says eight states especially exposed to potential funding shifts on medicaid as they expanded Medicaid under ACA Source text for Eikon:
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.