Sept 29 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor Global Ratings:
* S&P maintains Malta’s sovereign credit rating at A-; raises outlook to positive from stable
* S&P says outlook on Malta revised to positive on strong growth prospects; ‘A-/A-2’ ratings affirmed
* S&P says outlook revision reflects our expectation that Malta’s economy will continue its strong cyclical expansion
* S&P - Positive outlook reflects that we could raise ratings on Malta over next 24 months if economic growth remains in line with our expectations
* S&P says Malta ratings supported by “strong” growth performance coupled with consistent current account surpluses & by narrowing government deficits
* S&P says revised its outlook on the long-term sovereign credit ratings on the republic of Malta to positive from stable Source text: [bit.ly/2xDJuP5]
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.