April 26 (Reuters) - Syngenta Ag
* Says four of syngenta’s existing board members will become independent directors with effect from the change of control
* Says board change will take place on 18 may subject to acceptance of the chemchina offer by at least 67 percent of all syngenta shares
* Says proposed independent directors are michel demaré, vice chairman and lead independent director, jürg witmer, eveline saupper, and gunnar brock
* Says four directors will be proposed for election upon nomination by chemchina: ren jianxin, chairman, chen hongbo, olivier t. De clermont-tonnerre and dieter a. Gericke
* Says four members of syngenta’s current board of directors – vinita bali, eleni gabre-madhin, david lawrence and stefan borgas – will step down Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Zurich newsroom)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.