Jan 4 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Boris Johnson warns of tougher COVID-19 restrictions for England on.ft.com/2Lm3Vc0
- MGM bids to buy Ladbrokes owner Entain on.ft.com/388EjrO
- Italy's Angelini to buy Swiss biotech group for $1 bln on.ft.com/38aVNUI
- Boris Johnson has put England on alert for tougher COVID-19 restrictions and possible further school closures as ministers raced to deploy a vaccine against the backdrop of a chaotic return to the classroom.
- MGM Resorts, the U.S. casino company, has made a bid to buy the owner of British bookmaker Ladbrokes with the financial support of U.S. billionaire mogul Barry Diller’s IAC group, said people briefed about the matter.
- Italy’s Angelini Pharma has agreed to buy emerging Swiss biotech company Arvelle Therapeutics for up to $960 million as it aims to become a leading European player in the treatment of central nervous system and mental diseases. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.