Aug 28 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Theresa May under pressure as Labour makes U-turn on single market. on.ft.com/2wAPMyl
* 'Catastrophic' floods in Houston as Harvey crosses Texas. on.ft.com/2wBnPXo
* Jeff Immelt rules himself out of Uber CEO search. on.ft.com/2wATMir
* British prime minister Theresa May is facing renewed pressure from her own Conservative party over Brexit after the opposition Labour Party said on Sunday it would keep Britain in the European single market and customs union for a transitional period after Brexit.
* Tropical Storm Harvey caused widespread flooding in Houston that inundated homes and submerged highways on Sunday as residents of the fourth most populous U.S. city hunkered down in anticipation of several more days of “unprecedented” rainfall.
* Uber Technologies Inc’s field of candidates for a new chief executive officer narrowed further on Sunday when Jeff Immelt, chairman of General Electric Co, said he was no longer in the running for the top leadership position. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom; Editing by Sandra Maler)