* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.47 percent to 16,672.25
* Leading the index were Gran Tierra Energy Inc GTE.TO, up 8.9%, Vermilion Energy Inc VET.TO, up 8.7%, and Seven Generations Energy Ltd VII.TO, higher by 8.6%.
* Lagging shares were OceanaGold Corp OGC.TO, down 5.6%, Centerra Gold Inc CG.TO, down 4.0%, and Wheaton Precious Metals Corp WPM.TO, lower by 3.7%.
* On the TSX 139 issues rose and 92 fell as a 1.5-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 18 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 147.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO, Encana Corp ECA.TO and Baytex Energy Corp BTE.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 4.31 points, or 3.4%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 2.36 points, or 0.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.66%, or $0.37, to $56.57 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.76% , or $0.47, to $62.16
* The TSX is up 16.4% for the year.