* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.46 percent to 17,032.86
* Leading the index were Interfor Corp , up 4.5%, Martinrea International Inc , up 4.3%, and West Fraser Timber Co Ltd , higher by 3.8%.
* Lagging shares were Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd , down 17.6%, Aurora Cannabis Inc, down 6.7%, and Transcontinental Inc, lower by 3.1%.
* On the TSX 158 issues rose and 69 fell as a 2.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 17 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 218.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Husky Energy Inc and Detour Gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.41 points, or 1.1%, while the financials sector climbed 1.38 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.36%, or $0.21, to $57.98 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.43% , or $0.27, to $63.66
* The TSX is up 18.9% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.