* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.30 percent to 17,180.15
* Leading the index were OceanaGold Corp , up 9.8%, MAG Silver Corp , up 7.3%, and First Majestic Silver Corp , higher by 6.6%.
* Lagging shares were Kinaxis Inc , down 2.2%, Interfor Corp, down 1.9%, and BlackBerry Ltd, lower by 1.9%.
* On the TSX 139 issues rose and 88 fell as a 1.6-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 15 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 93.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Encana Corp and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.10 points, or 0.1%, while the financials sector slipped 0.35 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.02%, or $0.62, to $61.14 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.24% , or $0.82, to $67.21 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 19.9% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.