* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.33 percent to 15,479.83
* Leading the index were Shopify Inc <SHOP.TO>, up 5.9%, Cargojet Inc, up 5.2%, and Empire Company Ltd, higher by 5%.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp, down 5.4%, Enerflex Ltd, down 4.4%, and Iamgold Corp, lower by 4.0%.
* On the TSX 103 issues rose and 117 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 2 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 223.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Cenovus Energy Inc and Bank Of Nova Scotia.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.26 points, or 0.3%, while the financials sector slipped 0.06 points, or 0.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.32%, or $0.88, to $38.84 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.94%, or $0.79, to $41.5
* The TSX is off 9.3% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.