* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 77.98 points, or 0.47 percent, to 16,502.75.
* Leading the index were Centerra Gold Inc, up 6.6 percent, Cascades Inc, up 5.4 percent, and Alacer Gold Corp, higher by 3.7 percent.
* Lagging shares were Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd, down 8.6 percent, Ero Copper Corp, down 7.0 percent, and First Quantum Minerals Ltd, lower by 6.9 percent.
* On the TSX 76 issues rose and 160 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 4 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 220.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Crescent Point Energy Corp and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 4.46 points, or 2.8 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.40 points, or 0.1 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.53 percent, or $0.34, to $63.57 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.07 percent, or $0.05, to $72.11
* The TSX is up 15.2 percent for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.