* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 1.08 percent to 16,294.66
* Leading the index were Element Fleet Management Corp <EFN.TO>, up 12.0%, Celestica Inc , up 11.4%, and Seven Generations Energy Ltd , higher by 8.3%.
* Lagging shares were Aphria Inc , down 18.7%, Cameco Corp, down 12.5%, and Aurora Cannabis Inc, lower by 8.8%.
* On the TSX 144 issues rose and 72 fell as a 2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 8 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 188.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aphria Inc , Kinross Gold Corp and B2gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.63 points, or 2.1%, while the financials sector climbed 2.01 points, or 0.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.68%, or $0.28, to $41.32 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.23%, or $0.53, to $43.75 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 4.5% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.