(Corrects 2nd bullet to show coal options will be traded on the Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange, not the Dalian Exchange; corrects 3rd bullet to show the PP, PVC and LLDPE options will be traded on the Dalian Exchange, not the Zhengzhou Exchange)
BEIJING, June 12 (Reuters) -
* China’s securities regulator on Friday announced the launch dates for six new types of commodities options - including thermal coal, zinc and aluminium - to be traded on exchanges in the country.
* Trading in thermal coal options on the Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange will begin on June 30, the China Securities Regulatory commission said on its website.
* Polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) options will be traded on the Dalian Commodity Exchange from July 6, it added.
* Aluminium and zinc options will begin trading on the Shanghai Futures Exchange on Aug. 10.
* In commodity derivatives trading, options give the buyer the right, but not obligation, to buy or sell a futures position at a specified price. (Reporting by Tom Daly; editing by David Evans)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.