* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.38 percent to 16,438.75
* Leading the index were Aritzia Inc <ATZ.TO>, up 3.4%, Corus Entertainment Inc , up 3.1%, and Home Capital Group Inc , higher by 3%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc , down 6.5%, Cenovus Energy Inc, down 4.7%, and Eldorado Gold Corp, lower by 4.5%.
* On the TSX 83 issues rose and 135 fell as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 10 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 176.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Toronto-dominion Bank , Blackberry Ltd and Enbridge Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.08 points, or 1.6%, while the financials sector climbed 0.21 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.44%, or $0.18, to $40.78 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.81%, or $0.35, to $42.81 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 3.7% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.