WASHINGTON (Reuters) - About 125,000 magnetic toy building sets made in China and sold by Battat were recalled because the magnets could fall out and be swallowed by children, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said on Wednesday.
Each of the toy Magnabild sets included small magnetic rods, metal balls, triangles and squares for children to create designs.
The government safety agency said there had been 16 incidents of magnets falling out of the play sets but no injuries had been reported. If swallowed, the magnets could attract each other and cause intestinal perforations or blockages, the agency said.
The agency said the toys were sold at various U.S. retail stores and online sites from 2005 through 2007 for $30 to $40.
Details of the recalled toys were posted by the safety agency on its Web site: here .
Reporting by Julie Vorman; Editing by David Storey
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.