PARIS, Jan 30 (Reuters) -
* Euronext said on Tuesday it will extend its Large-in-Scale (LIS) trade facility to commodity futures in response to interest in block trades.
* Euronext’s most active commodity futures contracts, wheat and rapeseed, will be available on LIS Trade, while block trades will be made available for a wide range of Euronext commodity futures contracts. These will include minimum block sizes of 75 50-tonne lots for wheat, 50 lots for rapeseed and 75 lots for maize (corn).
* The services will be live from Feb. 28 following a test period from Tuesday.
* The initiative follows Euronext’s expansion of block trading facilities for equities.
* For details of the block trade services for commodities: here (Reporting by Gus Trompiz and Sybille de La Hamaide; editing by Alexander Smith)