Jan 1 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1500 GMT on Tuesday.
* Denotes new or updated item.
* BAGHDAD - A suicide bomber killed 15 people, including two women, and wounded 22 others when he targeted mourners attending a Shi'ite funeral for a former army officer in eastern Baghdad's religiously mixed Zayouna district, police said.
* MOSUL - The U.S. military said it killed two Iraqis when they failed to stop their vehicle despite warning shots in the northern city of Mosul on Monday. Police in the city had said U.S. forces killed an elderly couple in a car after a roadside bomb exploded near the military vehicles.
* BUHRIZ - Police arrested Thamir al-Akkash, a member of neighbourhood patrols in Diyala province, after they discovered he was still helping al Qaeda militants, Diyala police chief Major-General Ghanim al-Qureyshi said. Akkash was arrested in the town of Buhriz, 60 km (35 miles) northeast of Baghdad.
* FALLUJA - Police said they found a body of an unidentified male on a highway, 35 km (20 miles) north of Falluja.
ISKANDARIYA - U.S. and Iraqi security forces arrested 44 militants, including a Saudi national, on Monday in Iskandariya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
AL-ZAB - Three Iraqi soldiers were wounded when a roadside bomb blew up near their patrol vehicle in al-Zab, 35 km (20 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, police said.
NEAR BALAD - One policeman was killed and two others were wounded in clashes with gunmen near Balad, 80 km (50 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.