June 1, 2009 / 4:13 PM / 10 years ago

Chairman of ThyssenKrupp unit on Air France flight

RIO DE JANEIRO, June 1 (Reuters) - The chairman of German steelmaker ThyssenKrupp’s (TKAG.DE) Brazilian unit CSA was on board the Air France flight that disappeared over the Atlantic ocean, a company source said on Monday.

Erich Heine, chairman of Companhia Siderurgica do Atlantico and a member of ThyssenKrupp Steel’s executive board, was among the 228 people on board the Air France (AIRF.PA) AF 447 flight, the source said on condition of anonymity because a passenger list has not yet been made public.

CSA, a 4.5 billion-euro joint venture between ThyssenKrupp and Brazilian mining company Vale VALE5.SA(VALE.N), is set to start production in December. ThyssenKrupp controls 90 percent of the venture, while Vale owns the remaining 10 percent.

Reporting by Denise Luna, Writing by Elzio Barreto and Todd Benson

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below