NEW YORK, July 1 (Reuters) - Four additional Major League Soccer players (MLS) have tested positive for COVID-19, a week ahead of the kickoff of the MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando, Florida.
All four are part of a delegation staying at the MLS host hotel, the league said, and were part of a group of 392 players, coaches and other league and team staff members tested over two days.
Previously, the league said 20 players and six staff members had tested positive.
Teams began arriving in Orlando last week for the MLS is Back Tournament, a relaunch of the league’s 25th season, which was abruptly put on hold in March amid the coronavirus outbreak.
The 54-match tournament will take place at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex without spectators, kicking off with Orlando City v Inter Miami on July 8. (Reporting by Amy Tennery Editing by Toby Davis)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.