* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.67 percent to 16,594.07
* Leading the index were Kinaxis Inc KXS.TO, up 12.8%, Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO, up 9%, and Baytex Energy Corp BTE.TO, higher by 7.8%.
* Lagging shares were Sleep Country Canada Holdings Inc ZZZ.TO, down 12.8%, Pretium Resources Inc PVG.TO, down 6.7%, and Detour Gold Corp DGC.TO, lower by 3.3%.
* On the TSX 171 issues rose and 59 fell as a 2.9-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 14 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 200.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp ECA.TO, Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO and Baytex Energy Corp BTE.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 3.83 points, or 3.1%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.54 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 3.4%, or $1.84, to $56.02 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 3.19% , or $1.9, to $61.52 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15.9% for the year.