Feb 26 (Reuters) - Nokian Tyres Plc
* Says wants to comment on ongoing discussion about trustworthiness of tyre tests executed by car media
* Says clarified our rules for test tyres which now specificly forbid any planning or manufacturing of tyres that are targeted only for car media tests
* Says in past years, when testing organisations asked manufacturers to send them tyres for tests, activities in industry were dubious
* Says major test organisations have now for years acquired the tyres from tyre stores, and also make control tests to the tyres afterwards
* Says board of nokian tyres has never decided on such stock option schemes that would have encouraged cheating in tests
* Says we apologise and regret mistakes we have made in past Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Sven Nordenstam)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.