Oct 18 (Reuters) - Ryanair CEO :
* says ‘we are certainly looking at a year or two years if not more or lower prices in Europe we are certainly going to be at the forefront of driving prices down’
* says expects to continue to take significant market share from competitors
* says ‘we haven’t seen any weakness in UK demand’ in volume terms; says promotional fares have led to higher than expected rise in load factors
* says forward bookings are better than a year ago
* sees no further changes to capacity ex-UK; summer 2017 growth in ‘mid-single digits’
* says has not seen significant shift in demand in or out of UK; but demand in both direction responding to lower fares
* tells analyst call that he thinks airline is at upper limit in terms of load factor; doesn’t expect load factor to fall Further company coverage: (Reporting By Conor Humphries)
Reuters Breakingviews is the world's leading source of agenda-setting financial insight. As the Reuters brand for financial commentary, we dissect the big business and economic stories as they break around the world every day. A global team of about 30 correspondents in New York, London, Hong Kong and other major cities provides expert analysis in real time.
Sign up for a free trial of our full service at https://www.breakingviews.com/trial and follow us on Twitter @Breakingviews and at www.breakingviews.com. All opinions expressed are those of the authors.