Dec 13 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 2000 GMT on Thursday.
* denotes new or updated items.
* BAGHDAD - A car bomb killed one civilian and wounded five others including two policemen in the Waziriya district of northern Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - Three bodies were found in various parts of Baghdad on Thursday, police said.
* KHAN BANI SAAD - A roadside bomb attack killed a woman and wounded a man in Khan Bani Saad, 65 km (40 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Gunmen killed a woman who ran a beauty salon when they stormed into her house in eastern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - A roadside bomb wounded four people, including three policemen, in northeastern Mosul, police said.
* MOSUL - Gunmen killed one policeman and wounded four others when they attacked their patrol vehicle in southeastern Mosul, police said.
* MOSUL - Clashes between police and militants left two policemen dead and two insurgents dead in western Mosul, police said. The clashes occurred after police shot dead a suicide bomber.
NEAR MUQDADIYA - Sixteen dead bodies were found on Thursday in a ditch in a town north of Baghdad in Iraq’s violent province of Diyala, police said. Twelve had been beheaded.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen attacked the dean of Baghdad’s University of Technology as he drove in northern Baghdad, wounding him seriously. His daughter was also hurt, police said.
HAWIJA - A body with gunshot wounds was found inside a house under construction in Hawija, 70 km (45 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, police said.
BAGHDAD - Five bodies were found in different districts of Baghdad on Wednesday, police said.
SAMARRA - Iraqi police killed five gunmen said to be non- Iraqi Arabs on Wednesday in Samarra, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
NEAR BAGHDAD - A suspected member of al Qaeda was killed by U.S. forces on Monday during a gunbattle near Adwaniya, 20 km (12 miles) southeast of Baghdad, the U.S. military said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen killed a contractor working with U.S. forces in a drive-by shooting in the Mansour district of western Baghdad, police said.
HIT - A suicide car bomb targeted the convoy of the mayor of Hit, a town in the western province of Anbar, killing two of his bodyguards and wounding six others including three civilians on Wednesday, police said.
BAGHDAD - Three bombs overnight targeted shops selling alcohol in Baghdad. The shops were damaged but there were no casualties reported, police said.
BAGHDAD - The Iraqi army killed one gunman and detained 26 suspects over last 24 hours in Iraq, the Defence Ministry said.
DOUR - Police found the bodies of a father and son riddled with bullets in the town of Dour, 175 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, near Tikrit. Police said the body of a policeman shot in the head was also found in the town on Wednesday.