July 6 (Reuters) - Merit Medical
* Merit medical acquires DFINE, Inc.
* Deal for approximately $97.5 million
* Says effect of DFINE acquisition on Merit’s non-GAAP earnings for balance of 2016 is expected to be neutral
* Deal will increase its gross margin by about 80 basis points on a non-GAAP basis and 55 basis points on a GAAP basis
* Merit medical systems inc says deal financed by a group of banks led by Wells Fargo and included Bank Of America, HSBC and U.S. bank.
* Says deal expected to be dilutive on a GAAP basis by $0.24 -$0.26 per share due to intangible amortization, one-time reorganization costs
* Says in 2017, merit anticipates effect of acquisition on merit’s non-GAAP earnings to be $0.05-$0.08 per share
* Says in 2017, MERIT anticipates effect of acquisition to be dilutive on a GAAP basis by $0.05-$0.07 per share
* Says DFINE has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Merit Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: