May 24 (Reuters) - Opera Software :
* A total of around 89 percent of shareholders have said they accept the takeover bid from a Chinese consortium by Tuesday’s 1430 GMT deadline
* This includes the shares comprised by pre-acceptances
* Unless the offeror has received acceptances from shareholders representing more than 90 pct of the shares by the end of the offer period, the offer will lapse
* The Offer Period will expire today at 16.30 (CET) and cannot be extended any further
* The consortium behind the takeover bid includes Chinese firms Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd and Beijing Kunlun Tech Co Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Stine Jacobsen)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.