July 19 (Reuters) - Korea Equity Fund Inc :
* Per proposal, two funds would merge on terms based upon two funds’ relative net asset values per share at date of merger
* JFC will be surviving fund and would continue to retain services of JF International Management Inc
* Successor fund board would comprise two members from current fund board and four members of JP Morgan China Region Fund board
* Proposed name of successor fund will be North East Asia growth fund
* Korea equity fund, inc. Announces merger negotiations with JP Morgan China Region Fund, Inc.
* Successor fund’s investment objective and principal investment strategies would be modified from JFC’s current investment objective
* Successor fund would seek to buy up to 50% of successor fund’s issued shares at net asset value per share less associated costs Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom : +1-646-223-8780)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.