July 31 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Afghanistan at 1430 GMT on Friday.
* denotes new or updated item.
* FARAH - Four Afghan soldiers were killed and three wounded in a Taliban ambush on a convoy carrying voting papers and other election material in the Bala Boluk district of western Farah province, Farah governor Ruhol Amin said. The presidential poll is being held on Aug. 20.
* FARAH - In a separate incident in Bala Boluk, 13 people were burned when they tried to take fuel from an overturned fuel truck which was attacked by Taliban insurgents, Amin said.
* HERAT - Eleven Taliban insurgents and one policeman were killed in clashes in the Rabat Sangi district of western Herat province on Thursday, police chief Esmatullah Alizai said. Haji Dastegir, a tribal chief from the area, said five of those killed were civilians who had been shot while handcuffed.
* SOUTHERN AFGHANISTAN - Two U.S. service members were killed in a firefight with insurgents in southern Afghanistan on Thursday, a spokeswoman for the U.S. military said.
JAWZJAN - Up to six civilians were either killed or wounded when a roadside bomb planted near a bridge hit their car in Aqcha district in northern Jawzjan province on Thursday evening, the Interior Ministry said in a statement.
GHAZNI - Afghan and NATO-led troops killed 11 Taliban insurgents during a ground and air assault in the Nawa district of southeastern Ghazni province overnight, a government official from a neighbouring district said.
(Compiled by Hamid Shalizi; Editing by Paul Tait)