Jan 16 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1300 GMT on Wednesday.
* denotes new or updated item.
KHAN BANI SAAD - A female suicide bomber killed eight people and wounded seven in an attack on a crowded market in a small, predominantly Shi’ite town near Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* SULAIMAN PEK - The mayor of the small town of Sulaiman Pek, 160 km (100 miles) north of Baghdad, was seriously wounded in an attack by a suicide bomber driving a small truck, police said. Three of his bodyguards were also wounded.
* DOUR - A car bomb seriously wounded the head of the Iraqi-U.S. Joint Coordination Centre in Dour, a town near Tikrit 170 km (105 miles) north of Baghdad, the centre said. Two of his guards were also wounded.
* MOSUL - Five civilians were wounded when a suicide car bomber targeted a U.S. military patrol in the city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Clashes between gunmen and the Iraqi army wounded five civilians in Mosul, police said.
NEAR TUZ KHURMATO - Gunmen kidnapped a policeman and killed a university student in an overnight attack on a house in a village near Tuz Khurmato, 180 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - The bodies of six people were found in different areas of Baghdad on Tuesday, police said.
BAGHDAD - Two civilians were killed and 10 wounded when a roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi army patrol exploded in the Bab al-Muadham district of central Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Three roadside bombs exploded in quick succession, wounding three people in the Palestine Street district of eastern Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Two roadside bombs killed two people and wounded five near the town of Nahrawan, 30 km (20 miles) southeast of Baghdad, police said.