Aug 18 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 2030 GMT on Wednesday.
* Denotes new or updated item.
* MADAEN - Gunmen in a speeding car opened fire at a government-backed Sahwa militia checkpoint, killing one and wounding two others in Madaen, 30 km (20 miles) southeast of Baghdad, an interior ministry source said.
* BAQUBA - A sticky bomb attached to the car of a government-backed Sahwa militia leader killed him and wounded his brother when it exploded in eastern Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Gunmen using silenced guns opened fire at an Iraqi military checkpoint, killing a soldier in western Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - A roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi army patrol killed one civilian and wounded two soldiers when it went off in eastern Mosul, police said.
* MOSUL - Police found the body of a man with gunshot wounds to the head in the town of Bartila, west of Mosul, police said.
SADIYA - Gunmen stormed three houses, killing three people in the town of Sadiya, 80 km (50 miles) northeast of Baquba, the capital of Diyala province, police said.
TIKRIT - Two people were killed, including a policeman, and one civilian was wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in central Tikrit, 150 km (95 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded four people in Palestine street in northeastern Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded two people in the eastern Baghdad district of Zayouna, police said.
MOSUL - Police found the body of an unidentified man with head and chest bullet wounds in eastern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
(Compiled by Baghdad newsroom)