Dec 1 (Reuters) - Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) says:
* A total of 1,510,414 shares of common Stock (including shares of common stock represented by ADSs) were properly tendered in its share buyback offer, based on the preliminary count.
* The tender offer was not fully subscribed due to a rise in its share price on the market.
* The offeror expects to accept for purchase a total of 1,510,414 shares of common Stock at a price per share of 229.0 roubles, for a total cost of 345,884,806 roubles ($5.41 million).
* These shares represented approximately 0.08 percent of the company’s issued share capital as of Sept. 30, 2016.
* MTS does not drop plans to spend up to 30 billion roubles on repurchasing own shares over a three-year period. Further company coverage: ($1 = 63.8900 roubles) (Reporting by Moscow Newsroom)