SEOUL, Feb 14 (Reuters) - The following is a summary of major South Korean newspapers on Wednesday, prepared by Reuters in Seoul. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not guarantee their accuracy.
- South Korea had the highest suicide rate among OECD countries in 2005, according to the National Statistical Office.
- A railway connecting the two airports servicing Seoul has been completed, with the trip between Gimpo Airport and Incheon International airport taking 28 minutes.
KOREA ECONOMIC DAILY
- Matsushita (6752.T) is considering a tie-up with LG. Philips LCD (034220.KS), according to an LG.Philips official.
MAEIL BUSINESS NEWSPAPER
- South Korea will have to pay 11 trillion won ($11.71 billion) over the next 10 years to support North Korea under a proposed agreement from the six-party talks.
THE KOREA TIMES
- About 150 South Korean residents in Pyongtaek, Kyonggi province, agreed to leave their villages to allow for the expansion of a U.S. military base, the defence ministry said.
- According to the National Tax Service, South Korea’s alcohol consumption dropped 2.7 percent in 2005, the first decline since the 1997-98 Asian financial crisis.