JAKARTA, Sept 5 (Reuters) -
* Indonesia on Thursday released an energy ministerial decree backing its nickel ore export ban from Jan. 1, 2020, with details matching the government’s announcement made earlier this week
* Indonesia said on Monday it will stop nickel ore exports from Jan. 1, 2020, two years earlier than initially indicated, as it speeds up efforts to process more of its resources at home.
* Existing export recommendations for shipments of nickel ore with content below 1.7% will be valid until Dec. 31, the decree showed
* New export recommendations can only be issued until Dec. 31, it said
* These steps are taken to ensure enough supply for nickel smelting facilities, the decree added (Reporting by Bernadette Christina Munthe, Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)