January 15, 2009 / 5:40 PM / 10 years ago

Australia's Woodside makes oil discovery in Libya

TRIPOLI, Jan 15 (Reuters) - Australia’s Woodside Energy, a subsidiary of Woodside Petroleum Ltd (WPL.AX), has made a new oil discovery in the Ghadames Basin in Libya, the north African country’s National Oil Corporation (NOC) said on Thursday.

The discovery was in wildcat exploration well F1-NC210, about 900 km (560 miles) south of the capital Tripoli, NOC said in a statement on its website.

The flow was through a choke size of 32/64ths of an inch, with oil flowing at 280 barrels per day from a depth of 3,820 feet, the statement added.

The discovery was the fourth find by Woodside Energy since it won a permit in 2003 to explore the NC210 area, NOC said, adding it has 63 percent share in the well and Woodside owns the remaining 37 percent. (Writing by Lamine Ghanmu; editing by James Jukwey)

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below