NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - If you’re tired of going to the same bars and clubs, or are looking for the latest hot spot in a foreign city, a leading travel Web site has a few suggestions.
Concierge.com (www.concierge.com) sent a crew of reporters scouring cities to compile a list of the best lounges, dance clubs and bars for a memorable evening out.
Following is their list of the top 10 places:
1. Rooftop Cinema, Melbourne, Australia
- Classic and indie films are shown on the sixth-floor rooftop of the Curtin House building in the downtown area. Guests are advised to arrive before 8 p.m. to get a cocktail and a spot in one of the 200 deck chairs on the fake lawn. Address: 252 Swanston St.
2. Cafe Cairo - Hamilton, Bermuda
- It’s a restaurant with a distinct Middle Eastern atmosphere but in the evening it turns into a trendy bar and dance spot. Tapestries and exotic scents adorn the cafe which has a private room. Address: 93 Front St.
3. Melody Bar - Toronto, Canada
- The wood-paneled bar in the Gladstone Hotel attracts a mixed crowd including executives, construction works and punks. It is famous for its karaoke nights during the weekend. Address: 1214 Queen St.W.
4. Bar Yellow, Santiago, Chile
- Crowds gather around midnight at the bar which serves tasty cocktails, wines, liqueurs, beer and single malts, as well as food. Address: 47-51 General Flores
5. Q Bar, Beijing, China
- Rated as one of the city’s best night spots, the rooftop bar at the Eastern Inn hotel attracts both locals and ex-pats eager to taste the Q martini -- a combination of vodka, crushed mint and vermouth. Address: Nansanlitun Rd.
6. Glamour Bar, Shanghai, China
- Visitors to the bar, which combines 1930s Art Deco details with Chinese screens and chrome columns and overlooks the city’s skyscrapers, can try some of the 300 wines sold by the bottle and more than 20 by the glass. Address: 20 Guangdong Rd.
7. Monsoon, Shanghai, China
- Located in a renovated brewery near the Moganshan arts district, Monsoon offers cocktails, DJs and even massage to customers, and features a rooftop bar and patio. Address: 88 Yi Chang Rd.
8. 15cent15, Paris, France
- Sip fine wines, nibble on tapas and listen to Latin music in this trendy bar in the Hotel Marignan in the city’s 8th arrondissement. Don’t miss its signature cocktail -- a blend of white rum, violet liqueur, apple juice and honey. Address: 12 rue de Marignan.
9.Cibeles, Mexico City, Mexico
- The venue features mini living rooms with comfortable, eclectic furniture in a laid-bar atmosphere that is a hit with locals. Address: 17 Plaza Villa de Madrid.
10. Terrasse, Renault, Mexico City, Mexico
- The bar/restaurant in the Polanco district of the city is also part showroom for the Renault car company. Address: 214 Masaryk.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.