PARIS, Dec 22 (Reuters) -
* Commodity trader Louis Dreyfus Company agrees to sell global metals business to NCCL Natural Resources Investment Fund
* Louis Dreyfus says NCCL is managed by New China Capital Legend as general partner, with two limited partners AXAM Asset Management and China Molybdenum Co., Ltd.
* Financial terms were not disclosed
* The deal is expected to be completed in the first half of 2018
* Louis Dreyfus had been looking to a sell a stake in its metals business to focus on core activities.
* The business is one of the top copper, zinc and lead concentrates merchandisers globally, according to statement
* The metals business had a book value of $314 million in 2016. It attracted interest from several parties including Anglo American , sources said last month
* China Molybdenum is one of China’s largest producers of molybdenum, a mineral used in metal alloys. The firm last month announced plans to set up a natural resources investment fund worth $1 billion with New China Capital Legend
* China Molybdenum last year took a controlling interest in the Tenke copper project in the Democratic Republic of Congo
* AXAM is a Chinese domestic asset management firm (Reporting by Gus Trompiz; editing by John Irish and Elaine Hardcastle)