June 20 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Samsung Life Public Welfare Foundation will sell around $500 million of shares in Samsung Life Insurance, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Thursday.
* Italy’s biggest utility Enel has received several expressions of interest for its stake in Slovakian generating company Slovenske Elektrarne, a source close to the matter said on Thursday.
* French state bank BPI is ready to take a stake in the future structure of Alstom regardless of whom the engineering group decides to tie its fate to, a source close to the talks said on Thursday.
* The Pentagon has told Congress that it plans to award Northrop Grumman Corp a five-year contract worth up to $3.9 billion for new spy planes after concluding the deal would save $369 million, a source familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
* Private equity firms TPG Capital and Carlyle Group are planning to raise about A$2.5 billion ($2.4 billion) in an initial public offering of shares in Healthscope Ltd, Australia’s biggest private hospitals operator, a source with direct knowledge of the plan told Reuters.
* Sprint Corp has lined up eight banks to finance its proposed acquisition of T-Mobile US Inc, edging closer to a deal that would merge the third and fourth-biggest U.S. mobile operators, according to people familiar with the matter.
* U.S. drugmaker AbbVie Inc has recently approached London-listed Shire PLC about a potential takeover, according to people familiar with the matter, marking the latest attempt by U.S. healthcare companies looking to acquire overseas rivals partly to lower their tax rates.
* General Electric will propose selling its rail signalling business to Alstom’s transport arm and have Alstom remain a shareholder of its power grid business in an improved offer for the energy arm of Alstom ALSO.PA, French daily Le Figaro said on Thursday.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on (Compiled by Shounak Dasgupta in Bangalore)