Jan 8 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Standard Chartered is closing its cash equities and equities underwriting businesses, people with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Thursday, exiting a division that had struggled for profitability since the bank re-entered the segment in 2010.
* Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc is holding early-stage conversations with a handful of buyout firms about going private, according to people familiar with the matter.
* New York’s financial regulator sent a subpoena to the Medley Opportunity Fund II last week as he investigates the hedge fund’s ties to payday lending, Bloomberg reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
* Mall-based apparel retailer Body Central Corp is preparing a bankruptcy filing that could come within the next week, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* More than 60 percent of the roughly $1.1 billion raised by Bill Gross for Janus Capital Group Inc came from a Morgan Stanley wealth management office in California, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing industry executives who have viewed confidential brokerage data.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on (Compiled by Shivam Srivastava in Bengaluru)