LONDON, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening broadly flat on Friday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 38.70 points, or 0.6 percent, at 6,713.18 points on Thursday, its first close above 6,700 since May.
* In terms of domestic economic data, UK preliminary third-quarter GDP is set for release at 0830 GMT.
* Bank of England Governor Mark Carney announced on Thursday that the British central bank would expand the liquidity facilities it offers to banks and consider allowing non-banks access.
* BARCLAYS : The bank breached a derivative agreement with a Black Diamond Capital Management unit and must return an estimated $297 million in collateral to the hedge fund, a divided New York state appeals court ruled on Thursday.
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND : The bank is expected to name Morgan Stanley as the lead underwriter for a proposed initial public offering of its U.S. subsidiary, Citizens Financial Group Inc, according to people familiar with the matter.
* G4S : The world’s biggest security services firm said its UK chief executive Richard Morris has resigned and been replaced by the group’s chief operating officer Eddie Ashton.
* ARM HOLDINGS : IBM has licensed new ARM Technology for custom chips aimed at networking and communications.
* BHP BILLITON : The miner said Nicola Kleynhans has resigned as deputy company secretary.
TODAY‘S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Tricia Wright; Editing by Toni Vorobyova)