NEW YORK, Sept 22 (Reuters) - U.S. gold futures rallied to record highs for a fifth straight session on Wednesday, rising toward $1,300 an ounce, after the Federal Reserve raised expectations of further monetary easing.
* For the latest detailed report, click on [GOL/].
* COMEX December gold futures GCZ0 settled up $17.80, or 1.4 percent, at $1,292.10 an ounce on the COMEX division of the NYMEX.
* Ranged from $1,287.50 to $1,298 -- an all-time high.
* Gold benefited as the dollar fell broadly against major currencies after Tuesday's Fed statement signaled its readiness to pump billions of dollars into the economy through purchases of government debt, a process known as quantitative easing.
* Gold rallied on concern that the dollar could head into an extended period of weakness, which often boosts bullion - Frank McGhee at Integrated Brokerage Services.
* The inverse gold/dollar correlation has been shaky this year, but Reuters data showed it has strengthened to a negative 0.8 in the past five days from 0.3 for the past 25 days.
* COMEX final gold volume at a 118,744 lots, about 13 percent above its 30-day average, preliminary Reuters data showed.
* Spot gold XAU= was at $1,290 an ounce by 2:35 p.m. EDT (1835 GMT), up from the previous session's last trade at $1,285.90 an ounce.
* London afternoon gold fix XAUFIX= at $1,293.50 an ounce.
* COMEX December silver SIZ0 ended up 41.5 cents, or 2 percent, at $21.055 an ounce on gold's coattails.
* Ranged from $20.930 to $21.200 an ounce.
* COMEX estimated final volume at 33,499 lots.
* Spot silver XAG= was at $21.09 in late New York dealings, against $20.93 in the previous session.
* London silver was fixed XAGFIX= at $21.08 an ounce.
* NYMEX October platinum PLV0 finished up $20.50, or 1.3 percent, to finish at $1,632.90 an ounce, rebounding from the previous session's decline - traders.
* Spot platinum XPT= at $1,627.50 an ounce.
* NYMEX December palladium PAZ0 closed up $11.85, or 2.2 percent, at $541.90 an ounce on broad-based precious metals' gain.
* Spot palladium XPD= at $541 an ounce. Prices at 2:38 p.m. EDT (1838 GMT)
LAST/ NET PCT YTD
CLOSE CHG CHG CHG US gold GCZ0 1292.10 17.80 1.4% 17.9% US silver SIZ0 21.036 0.416 0.0% 24.9% US platinum PLV0 1632.90 20.50 1.3% 11.0% US palladium PAZ0 539.65 11.85 2.2% 32.0% Gold XAU= 1290.65 4.75 0.4% 17.7% Silver XAG= 21.10 0.17 0.8% 25.3% Platinum XPT= 1628.50 8.00 0.5% 11.1% Palladium XPD= 542.50 16.00 3.0% 33.8% Gold Fix XAUFIX= 1293.50 1.75 0.1% 17.2% Silver Fix XAGFIX= 21.08 32.00 1.5% 24.1% Platinum Fix XPTFIX= 1632.00 4.00 0.2% 11.3% Palladium Fix XPDFIX= 543.00 6.00 1.1% 35.1% (Reporting by Frank Tang; Editing by Walter Bagley)