ZURICH/BERLIN, April 9 (Reuters) - Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks on Tuesday:
The Novartis spin-off has its first day of trading on the Swiss stock exchange and the NYSE.
Two shareholder advisers have recommended to vote against the bank’s compensation report and a third backed the report while expressing reservations about whether management pay matched performance.
The fragrance and flavour maker Givaudan said it was aiming to outpace the market with 4-5 percent sales growth after recent acquisitions and solid demand boosted business in the first quarter of 2019.
* Novartis completed its spin-off of its Alcon eyecare unit on Tuesday, the first day of trading for the newly listed company.
* The drugmaker will target to limit its spending on mergers and acquisitions to 5 percent of its market value, the Financial Times reported.
Sales rose by a better-than-expected 7.1 percent in local currencies during the first quarter, the Swiss construction chemicals maker said on Tuesday, boosted by an expansion of its factories and recent acquisitions.
* Cosmo Pharmaceuticals said it had submitted its remimazolam to U.S. regulators
* Kuros Biosciences said it entered into a convertible bond financing agreement for up to 5 million Swiss francs.
* Valartis Group said its full-year loss widened.
Richemont - Credit Suisse cuts to “underperform” from “neutral”
March jobless data due at 0545 GMT. Adjusted unemployment rate seen unchanged at 2.4 pct. ($1 = 0.9987 Swiss francs) (Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk)