ZURICH/BERLIN, Aug 13 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.2% lower at 9,742 points on Tuesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
U.S. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley has sought more information from Novartis on the reasons for “intentional withholding” of data related to its $2 million gene therapy, Zolgensma.
Adjusted H1 profit from operations up 6% against the prior-year period to CHF 846 million; net profit rose by 10% to CHF 617 million
Shares indicated up 1.9%
Osram Licht said it would consider a takeover by AMS that trumps a competing bid by Bain and Carlyle.
* Daetwyler said its H1 net result increased by 5.9% to 66.2 million Swiss francs.
* Tornos Holding AG: H1 net sales of CHF 117.2 million (first half of 2018: CHF 104.0 million, +12.7%); operating result (ebit) CHF 8.9 million (+62.0%); net result CHF 9.0 million (+65.5%)
* Ascom Holding names Dominik Maurer as CFO as of Oct. 10
* shareholder group around Sentis Capital requests that EGM be convened to discuss election of additional member to board of directors of Meyer Burger Technology
* Basilea Pharmaceutica AG: starts phase 1/2 study with derazantinib in urothelial cancer
* Bank Linth LLB AG: H1 profit increased by 6.3 percent to CHF 12.9 million
* Bank Cler AG: appoints Mariateresa Vacalli as new chief executive officer (CEO) and Philipp Lejeune as new chief financial officer (CFO)
* Arbonia AG: H1 EBITDA grew to CHF 52.3 million from CHF 40.5 million compared to same period in previous year (+29%)
ADECCO GROUP AG: CFRA CUTS TARGET PRICE TO CHF 62 FROM CHF 67
No major Swiss economic data scheduled (Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk)