ZURICH, Feb 4 (Reuters) - Swiss shares were set to open little changed on Wednesday as forecast-missing results from drugmaker Roche ROG.VX weighed.
The Swiss blue-chip index SMI.SSMI was indicated to open 6 points lower at 5,211 points, data provided by bank Clariden Leu showedCLPRE.
Index-heavy weight Roche was indicated to fall 2.2 percent at the open.
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks on Wednesday.
Swiss drugmaker Roche ROG.VX sees growth slowing this year after its 2008 profit fell 5 percent and missed expectations, hurt by a loss of pandemic Tamiflu sales and the strong Swiss franc.
For related news, click on [ROG.VX]
Swiss bank UBS AG held preliminary talks with Wells Fargo & Co’s Wachovia Securities about a joint venture of their North American wealth management businesses, a source familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
For related news, click on [UBSN.VX]
The Swiss bourse has launched an investigation against Swiss Re in connection with information given to investors and analysts, as well as articles in the press in July 2008 in relation to risk exposures.
For related news, click on [RUKN.VX]
Switzerland may face a deeper recession than forecast at the end of last year because of the worsening of the global economic environment, the Swiss government’s chief economist was quoted as saying on Wednesday.
For related news, click on [M-CH-MCE]
COMPANY STATEMENTS [CNR-CH]
* Interroll (INRN.S) records successful FY 2008 [INRN.S]
* Emmi records 7.7 percent increase in sales, growth in all product groups [EMMN.S]
EQUITY RESEARCH [CH-RCH]
* Citigroup cuts Vontobel(VONN.S) price target to 19 francs from 31 francs; rating hold [VONN.S]
* Citigroup cuts EFG International (EFGN.S) price target to 20 francs from 24 francs; rating buy [EFGN.S]
* Citigroup cuts Julius Baer BAER.VX price target to 42 francs from 59 francs; rating buy [BAER.VX]
* Deutsche Bank cuts Barry Callebaut (BARN.S) price target to 650 francs from 750 francs; rating hold [BARN.S]
FOR COMPANIES TRADING EX-DIVIDEND, PLEASE CLICK ON:
.EX.S for all Swiss stocks
.EXSMI.S for blue chips
.EXNSMI.S for other stocks