BERLIN/ZURICH, Jan 13 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.1% lower at 10,631 points on Monday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks :
Roger Federer has responded to criticism from teenaged climate change activist Greta Thunberg, saying he is “happy to be reminded” of his responsibilities. The Swiss 20-times Grand Slam champion came under fire from Swede Thunberg last week when she criticised bank Credit Suisse for its record of loans to fossil fuel industries.
Lonza has entered into a strategic partnership with biotechnology company Indapta Therapeutics to manufacture Indapta’s new cell therapy for use in clinical studies, the two groups announced on Friday.
The Swiss drugmaker struck a pact with China’s Yuyuan BioScience Technology to develop and commercialize the fertility drug nolasiban, it said on Monday as it seeks to inject new life into a medicine that had flopped a trial.
Largest shareholder Alfred N Schindler will stay on the board of the elevator and escalator maker until at least 2024, with the new agreement to re-allocate shares taking place only between family shareholders, NZZ and TagesAnzeiger reported on Saturday.
* Zur Rose Group said Amazon manager Bernd Gschaider is joining as COO
* Addex Therapeutics said it completed 2019 with 31.5 million francs of cash and cash equivalents
* ABB LTD: CITIGROUP RAISES TARGET PRICE TO CHF 27 FROM CHF 26
* SWATCH GROUP AG: RBC RAISES TARGET PRICE TO CHF 280 FROM CHF 275
* COSMO PHARMACEUTICALS NV: JEFFERIES CUTS PRICE TARGET TO CHF 140 FROM CHF 150
* UBS GROUP AG: JP MORGAN ROLL OVER DEC 2021 PRICE TARGET OF CHF 15 VS DEC 2020 PRICE TARGET OF CHF 14.5
* SOFTWAREONE HOLDING AG: CITIGROUP RAISES PRICE TARGET TO CHF 27.5 FROM CHF 25
No major economic data scheduled.
Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.