ZURICH, March 5 (Reuters) - Swiss shares are set to open firmer on Friday, in line with other European bourses as markets await a key U.S. jobs report due later in the session.
The Swiss blue-chip index SMI.SSMI was indicated to open 26 points higher at 6,831 points, premarket data provided by bank Clariden Leu showed.CLPRE
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks on Friday.
Singapore’s biggest sovereign wealth fund, GIC, said it converted its UBS notes into ordinary shares, suffering a paper loss of about $5 billion.
For related news, click on [UBSN.VX]
COMPANY STATEMENTS [CNR-CH]
* Logitech LOGN.VX announces completion of $250 million buyback program [LOGN.VX]
* Precious Woods PRWN.S said it achieved revenues of $87.8 million, a decline of 24.8 percent compared to the prior year and 19.8 percent adjusted for exchange rate effects [PRWN.S]
* Cytos CYTN.S Thomas Hecht succeeds Dr. François L’Eplattenier as chairman of the Board of Directors [CYTN.S]
* Siegfried (SFZN.S) announces capital increase and grows in core business [SFZN.S]
* Metall Zug (METN.S) subsidiary Belimed reported consolidated turnover of 186.1 million Swiss francs 2009, a 4 percent drop compared to the previous year [METN.S]
EQUITY RESEARCH [CH-RCH]
FOR COMPANIES TRADING EX-DIVIDEND, PLEASE CLICK ON:
.EX.S for all Swiss stocks
.EXSMI.S for blue chips
.EXNSMI.S for other stocks