ZURICH/BERLIN, Oct 11 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 1.4 percent lower at 8,765 points on Thursday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
The Swiss logistics group rejected an unsolicted takeover offer from an unnamed suitor; its biggest shareholder CMA CGM says it may increase its stake
Its shares indicated around 13 percent higher
Celltrion Inc’s biosimilar of Roche’s blockbuster cancer drug, Rituxan, won unanimous backing from an advisory panel to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
The baker’s board has called on its shareholders to support its plan to raise 800 million euros ($924.32 million)in new capital at its upcoming AGM - where it is likely to run into opposition from its biggest shareholder.
For more news, click on
* Flughafen Zuerich said it handled 2.88 Mln passengers in September, up 4.9 percent from a year earlier.
* Ceva Logistics said it has appointed Guillaume Sauzedde its managing director for the company’s central and eastern European cluster.
* PSP Swiss Property said it has started clean up work at its properties in Bahnhofplatz, Zurich.
* Novartis announced new data from the first direct head-to-head trial to demonstrate superior efficacy of Gilenya over Copaxone in patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis.
* Datacolor said it has appointed Philipp Hediger as its new Chief Financial Officer, effective Nov. 1
* Sunrise Communications Group said director Joachim Preisig will step down from its board at the end of the year.
* Sika said it has commissioned two new plants in Kazakhstan.
* Cassiopea Spa: Cosmo Pharmaceuticals has offered an unsecured credit line of eur 10 million that can be increased to eur 20 million
No economic data scheduled. (Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk)